Medical assistants perform administrative and clinical tasks to keep the offices of physicians, podiatrists, chiropractors, and other health practitioners running smoothly. The duties of medical assistants vary from office to office, depending on the location and size of the practice and the practitioner's specialty. In small practices, medical assistants usually do many different kinds of tasks, handling both administrative and clinical duties and reporting directly to an office manager, physician, or other health practitioner. Those in large practices tend to specialize in a particular area, under the supervision of department administrators. Medical assistants should not be confused with physician assistants, who examine, diagnose, and treat patients under the direct supervision of a physician. (Physician assistants are discussed elsewhere in the Handbook.)
Administrative medical assistants update and file patients' medical records, fill out insurance forms, and arrange for hospital admissions and laboratory services. They also perform tasks less specific to medical settings, such as answering telephones, greeting patients, handling correspondence, scheduling appointments, and handling billing and bookkeeping.
Description of Duties of Medical Assistant officer ( MA) in Malaysia:
- Primary Medical Care
- Examine, diagnose and treat minor ailments.
- Health education related to individuals, groups and communities.
- Dispensing, ordering and storing of drugs.
- Assist in the training program and auxiliary staff paramedical under supervision
- Keep all records relating to the registration, patient care and death.
Accident and Emergency Care
- Early and prompt treatment and support for all emergency cases and refer such cases for further handling of the Medical Officer.
- As Team Leader Ambulance and emergency care, according to the established protocols.
- The duties of employees under his supervision and check and store medical supplies and rehabilitation equipment in the Outpatient Department, Accident and Emergency Department and Ambulance.
- Managing the mortuary and post mortem examination of dead bodies in the hospital.
- special care in special units and wards as Orthopaedic Unit, Psychiatry, Cardiologyand others.
- To carry out administrative duties and conduct training in a particular department or program.
By the way Good Luck for who's will job as a medical assistant officer
more info about medical assistant :
Want to make money with only sharing campaign
Let's get some rewarded, only sharing campaigns in your Facebook, Twitter or your Blogs
to join this " click here " if you want to join or
need information about this campaigns or what kind of campaigns that you should sharing in your Facebook, Twitter or your Blogs. Click link below to know what kind of campaigns will sharing :
Thinking of throwing a happy surprise for someone special? Join Cadbury Malaysia Facebook now to find out how!